Do you ever find yourself fighting with your children about going to Mass? Or wondering why I have to go to Mass? Or someone saying to you I don’t get anything out of Mass? Or wondering, is there something more to Mass that I may be missing?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then the following information is for you.
The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the source and summit of the Christian life.
The Mass, like all the sacraments, is about encountering Jesus.
Jesus is truly present in the Blessed Sacrament; body, blood, soul, and divinity.
We do not simply come to Mass to get something out of it, we come to give worship and thanksgiving to God.
“In the sacrifice of Christ, who gives himself to us, body and soul, there is room for our whole life. We can unite everything – our work and our sufferings, our joys – with Christ’s sufferings.” – from the YouCat (Youth Catechism of the Catholic Church) #217
Check out all these great online resources to deepen your Catholic Faith on the Mass.
The Veil Removed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOLZDaTgIaM
- The Veil Removed is a short film that reveals the coming together of heaven and earth at Mass, as seen by saints and mystics, revealed by scripture and in the catechism of the Catholic Church.
Fr. Mike Schmitz
- Seek 2019 – “Pray the Mass Like Never Before” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpUp6zSGCb4
- Seek 2015 - "The Hour That Will Change Your Life" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwwiIkrLxTM
- “When Mass Feels like Going Through the Motions” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvMIiVdNrBw
- “Motivation to Go to Catholic Mass” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuyxQvb9Ayw
- “How to Prepare for the Sunday Readings” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU77PVB3EIc
- “Why We Have to Attend Mass and Receive Communion in a State of Grace” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pw7Hl4RxFI
Deacon Harold Burke Sivers
- “On the Mass – Encounter the Living God” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-PId_6g-Yg
Jacki & Bobby Angel
- “Bringing Your Kids to Mass” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJN5Bnmy7dA
Bishop Robert Barron
- “On the Mass” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIGXtDR2GCk
- “The Mass: Live Q&A with Bishop Robert Barron” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4cRbh417iE
- “On Silence and the Meaning of the Mass” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYkcyuVwjrY
- “Bishop Barron: The Mystery of the Mass - The Source and Summit of Christian Life” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPR2u6NkZeU
- “The Mass”
- Decision Point – The Eucharist
- Session 7 – The Eucharist - https://dynamiccatholic.com/confirmation/program-view/session-7/
Dr. Scott Hahn
- “The Bible and the Sacrifice of the Mass” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uL_IAJWvX0
- “On How the Holy Eucharist Made Him Catholic” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67WmIGLPvEM
- "Paschal Sacrifice: A Heavenly Banquet for Earthly Beggars" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ACgaIJH_0E
Daily Gospel Reflections by Bishop Barron: https://dailycatholicgospel.com/sign-up-daily-gospel
Every week, MagnifiKid offers:
- All the readings and the prayers of the Sunday Mass with explanations of the difficult words and the meaning of the rituals;
- A suggested prayer for Morning and Evening;
- Many suggestions on how to live the entire week with the Lord;
- Various games, a comic, and activities to help children learn about Christian life and culture;
- A page intended for the parents with suggestions for family prayers.
- MagnifiKid is for children between the ages of 6 and 12.
Kids Catholic Bulletin: http://www.catholickidsbulletin.com/
Children Activities on the Mass: https://www.catholicicing.com/?s=mass
The Mass readings can be hard to understand for children, take time to read the readings ahead of time:
- Mass Readings: http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings
Traveling? Find Mass Times at: https://masstimes.org/
5 Ways to Think About the Mass: https://bustedhalo.com/googling-god/mass-class/five-ways-to-think-about-the-mass
Bringing Small Children to Mass: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2019/10/bringing-small-children-to-mass/
How to Survive Sunday Mass with an ADHD 6-Year Old: http://m.ncregister.com/63175/b
Many Articles on the Mass for Parents: https://catholicmom.com/?s=mass
Why does the Mass Matter Anyway: https://bustedhalo.com/googling-god/mass-class/why-does-the-mass-matter-anyway
Formed.org (Free for St. Jane Parishioner) – has great videos and audio talks. Here is the link about how to sign up for Formed - https://www.stjanesofeastonpa.com/catholic-media/formed-faith-formation-media/
St. Jane Parish is a family rooted in our faith in Jesus Christ and our devotion to his Church. We strive always to be a welcoming community, with our doors open to all who seek the Lord.
Address: 4049 Hartley Avenue
Easton, PA 18045
6:30 a.m., 8:15 a.m. (Mon-Fri)
Sunday Vigil: 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., Noon
Holy Day: Consult Bulletin
Wednesday: 8:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 3:45 - 4:45 p.m., or by appointment