Websites & Resources:
Visiting the Chastity Project website is a great starting point.
www.chastityproject.com – Resources, videos, books, articles, audio talks, online videos, and so much more covering topics like: dating, how far is too far, homosexuality, pornography, birth control, STDs, starting over, how to stay pure, vocations and spirituality, and much more
- It has a whole talk called Romance without Regret by Jason Evert and his wife to high school students about importance of chastity. When you think it is appropriate for your teen, then watch it and discuss it.
Raising Pure Teens book: In the last part of the book it has a large list of websites on chastity education, internet and media safety, family life, modesty, natural family planning, church documents on human sexuality.
Theology of the Body Institute on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDijiF7qMuPe6KqikFB6NXQ
Bill Donaghy has great reflections on understanding the Theology of the Body (which were talks given by St. John Paul II).
Matt Fradd’s website http://mattfradd.com/
Video on understanding the Church’s teaching on homosexuality, called The Third Way: http://www.blackstonefilms.org/films.html
http://www.covenanteyes.com/ (internet accountability and filtering)
http://28daysonthepill.com/index.html - 28 Days on the Pill – understanding the negative effects of the pill
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/ - Christian articles and audio shows that cover many life issues
http://www.pluggedin.com/ - Very thorough Christian reviews of movies, music, video games, books, etc.
- Catholic Counselors (PaxCareis) the first and only Pastoral Care Assistance Program. At a time when there are fewer priests who are constantly pressed to do more with less, PaxCare is a one-of-a -kind, comprehensive pastoral care program that helps the Church respond more effectively to the needs of the faithful. PaxCare provides Catholics with the cutting-edge information and personal support they need to live more abundant spiritual, relational, and personal lives.
- We are a group of caring, competent, pastoral care professionals who love Jesus Christ and his Church. Having dedicated ourselves to living the Catholic vision of life and love, our mission is to empower Catholics to both celebrate their faith and discover practical, grace-filled solutions to the challenges they face in their daily life and relationships.
- PaxCarebelieves that everyone should have access to opportunities for adult faith-formation, spiritual direction, life coaching, and competent, faith-integrated counseling services. Dedicated to the New Evangelization, PaxCare puts all of these resources in the hands of every Catholic no matter where they are or what state-in-life they occupy. We are committed to doing whatever is in our power to build a more dynamic, faithful, informed, healthy, & holy Church–one soul at a time.
- Ave Maria Radio (avemariaradio.net) has two great Catholic therapists Dr. Greg Popcak and Lisa Popcak that are on Monday through Friday at noon. They have older podcasts that can be listened to at any time.
- Greg is the executive director of Pastoral Solutions, an organization dedicated to helping Catholics find faith-filled solutions to tough marriage, family, and personal problems.
- Lisa Popcak is a professional educator, certified family life coach, & an expert in learning styles/strategies, early childhood development, adoptive family issues, and women’s spirituality.
Princess and the Kiss by Jennie Bishop – A book on purity for girls ages 6-12
Squire and the Scroll by Jennie Bishop – A book on integrity and purity for boys ages 6-12
5 Love Languages of Children by Dr. Gary Chapman – to help you understand how your child best receives love and shares love with others.
Challenge Accepted: A Catholic Parent’s Guide to the Middle School Years
- Raising holy teenagers in modern culture is no simple task, and during the middle school years it can be especially challenging. How do you help your teens and pre-teens navigate the external world with all its opportunities and dangers while their "internal" worlds are undergoing such hormonal shifts?
- Challenge Accepted offers real world expertise from parents and Catholic ministry leaders who spend time, daily, with middle school teens. Within this book are dozens of ideas and insights that parents have found helpful in their efforts to keep their children on the straight and narrow road to heaven.
Purity 365: Daily Reflections on True Love
Worth the Wait: A Catholic Teen’s Guide to Dating, Marriage, and Happiness
- Remember that line in the Gospel where Jesus proclaimed, “Hey, forget what I said...just do whatever you want. It’s all good”?
- We don’t, either.
- When it comes to dating, marriage, and human sexuality, everyone has opinions but many don’t actually base their feelings or decisions on God’s truth.
- So how, then, do you live as a young Catholic in today’s world? How do you protect your dignity, live out chastity, and follow God’s plan for a joy-filled, shame-free life?
- We were hoping you’d ask.
- Worth the Waitis a compilation of blogs, reflections, and insight from well over a dozen authors - all passionately living out chastity in their respective states and vocations. You’ll hear from Mark Hart, Jackie Francois, Matt Smith, Mary Bielski, Leah Darrow, Matt Fradd, and many more!
Theology of His Body/Theology of Her Body
- Theology of Her Bodyand Theology of His Body are two books in one that will feed your teens with liberating answers to their most pressing questions about love and sexuality. In it, teens are encouraged to not only learn the truth about their own body, but also to discover the beauty of the opposite sex, for it is in seeing the complementarity of the two sexes that one discovers the real meaning of his or her own body and the invitation to love as God loves.
*Books by Dr. Greg and Lisa Popcak:
Parenting with Grace: The Catholic Parents' Guide to Raising almost Perfect Kids
Family therapist and parent Gregory Popcak and his wife, Lisa, are back with their second edition ofParenting with Grace: The Catholic Parents' Guide to Raising almost Perfect Kids. This latest updated version continues to guide parents through each stage of child development, from infancy through adolescence, offering additional age-specific advice on "parenting with grace."
Practical, faithful, and humorous, Parenting with Grace will help you discover:
- Seven factors that make Catholic parents unique.
- How to C.A.R.E. enough to parent your very best
- Practical, faith-filled solutions to common problems of every childhood stage -- sleep problems, tantrums, faith issues, childhood fears, dating, dealing with technology and media, and much more!
Beyond the Birds and the Bees: Raising Sexually Whole and Holy Kids
“THE TALK” – It’s one of the most daunting prospects parents face. Communicating the richness of Catholic teaching on sexuality in a faithful and effective way can be an overwhelming responsibility. But does it have to be so?
In this thoroughly revised re-lease of Beyond the Birds and Bees, popular marriage and family counselors Dr. Greg and Lisa Popcak empower you with the tools needed to move well beyond “the talk” by offering a comprehensive guide to raising sexually whole and holy children. Using the riches of Pope John Paul II’s Theology of the Body, the Popcaks help you safely navigate your children from infancy through the teenage years and beyond.
PART ONE of the book cultivates your personal understanding of the Catholic vision of sexuality, allowing it to color your relationships, conversations, and interactions with your children.
PART TWO provides practical step-by-step guides, including goals and concerns, for each stage of childhood – from infancy to the teenage years.
This book answers such questions as:
- What lessons must my children learn at each stage to develop a healthy Christian sexuality?
- What steps can I take to help my children exhibit moral courage and sexual chastity?
- How can I have age-appropriate conversations about sensitive issues with my children?
- How can I teach my children what it takes to be a true Catholic man or woman?
- How can I help my children have healthy, Christian dating relationships?
- What do I need to do to prepare my young adult for marriage?
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Praying for (and With) Your Spouse: The Way to Deeper Love – April 1, 2018
by Dr Greg Popcak (Author), Lisa Popcak (Author)
God wants to fill your marriage with the love that comes from his very own heart. Praying for (and with) Your Spouse will show you how to let God take every part of your relationship to the next level from living each day with your joys and struggles to working out your decisions and disagreements to setting aside time for love and romance. Prayer, in marriage, is more than checking off a box. It is time spent in the presence of the Author of love himself. Every time we pray for and with our spouse, God gives us greater insight into what it takes to love each other better more deeply, more honestly, more authentically, and more passionately. Every time we pray for and with our spouse, we open our hearts to a love that can satisfy our deepest longings and allow our marriage to be a light to the world.
This book will help you discover the simple steps you can take to invite God to renew and refresh your love for one another. As you pray together and for one another, you'll find out how much joy God has in store for you and your spouse in this life and in the next!
Formed.org (Free for St. Jane Parishioner) – has great videos and audio talks. Here is the link about how to sign up for Formed - https://www.stjanesofeastonpa.com/catholic-media/formed-faith-formation-media/
St. Jane Parish is a family rooted in our faith in Jesus Christ and our devotion to his Church. We strive always to be a welcoming community, with our doors open to all who seek the Lord.
Address: 4049 Hartley Avenue
Easton, PA 18045
6:30 a.m., 8:15 a.m. (Mon-Fri)
Sunday Vigil: 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., Noon
Holy Day: Consult Bulletin
Wednesday: 8:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 3:45 - 4:45 p.m., or by appointment