Through the sacrament of Baptism, we are cleansed of original sin and receive sanctifying grace, which is the life of God within our souls.
Christ Himself ordered His disciples to preach the Gospel to all nations and to baptize those who accept the message of the Gospel.
What is the Sacrament of Baptism? - Theo Matters
Sacrament of Baptism by Bishop Robert Barron
There are a few specific things that happen in the soul of every person who is baptized, which are all supernatural graces that bring us to life in God.
- We are washed clean of original sin and our souls are opened to the possibility of heaven because we are not held accountable for the punishment of original sin, which is hell.
- We receive sanctifying grace which allows us to receive all other grace from the other Sacraments (that is why Baptism is first).
- Our souls are infused with grace that allows us to believe in God, hope in God, and love God.
- We are given an indelible (permanent) mark as a Christian and become a part of Christ as a son or daughter of God; nothing can erase this mark and that is why we can only be baptized once.
- We become a part of the Catholic Church.
Check out all these great online resources to deepen your Catholic Faith on Baptism.
- Busted Halo – Sacraments 101: Baptism (why we baptize) - https://youtu.be/05YB2jdHLsY
- Starting Point by Dynamic Catholic on Baptism: https://dynamiccatholic.com/starting-point/program-videos
- Baptism of the Lord – Catholic Kids Homilies - https://youtu.be/zAdu7rkfeuk
- Symbols Used in Baptism – Fr. Rob Galea - https://youtu.be/nrIisvFGIwU
- Baptism of Jesus by Fr. Mike Schmitz - https://youtu.be/sLBFUuPxrlQ
- The Centrality of Baptism – Fr. John Muir - https://youtu.be/XzQXJAeD2yI
- Why Does the Catholic Church Baptize Babies? – by Made for Glory - https://youtu.be/YK43-yVOPtE
- What is the Biblical Basis for Infant Baptism? – Catholic Answers - https://youtu.be/YX9prB5tNg8
- One Baptism for the Forgiveness of Sins – Catholic Answers - https://youtu.be/WwYUMhy_EZg
- Can Someone Go to Heaven Without Being Baptized – Catholic Answers - https://youtu.be/Kaj4s_Kwd7Y
- What Does Baptism Remove? – Catholic Answers - https://youtu.be/OkZagbCfPXI
- What are the Origins of Baptism? – Catholic Answers - https://youtu.be/PeERQrv7-oM
- Baptism in the Name of Jesus – Catholic Answers - https://youtu.be/6QP-_keSTfs
- Daily Dose of Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers by Baptism - https://youtu.be/YTjKrS3LIuQ?t=583
Formed.org (Free for St. Jane Parishioner) – has great videos and audio talks. Here is the link about how to sign up for Formed - https://www.stjanesofeastonpa.com/catholic-media/formed-faith-formation-media/
Websites on Baptism: https://www.stjanesofeastonpa.com/catholic-media/websites-2/baptism-websites/
St. Jane Parish is a family rooted in our faith in Jesus Christ and our devotion to his Church. We strive always to be a welcoming community, with our doors open to all who seek the Lord.
Address: 4049 Hartley Avenue
Easton, PA 18045
6:30 a.m., 8:15 a.m. (Mon-Fri)
Sunday Vigil: 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., Noon
Holy Day: Consult Bulletin
Wednesday: 8:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 3:45 - 4:45 p.m., or by appointment