The following are online resources to better understand our Catholic faith so we can share the truth of God’s existence to others in a loving way, specifically with those who do not believe in God or are doubtful that God exists.
God is Real - Chris Stefanick
Bishop Barron on Scientism & God's Existence
Bishop Barron has many online resources on this topic, simply go online to Word on Fire - https://www.wordonfire.org/.
Joe Rogan, Richard Dawkins, and God (Part 1 of 2) - https://youtu.be/ltZzX8ZnELM
- Joe Rogan, host of the one of the world’s most popular podcasts, recently interviewed Richard Dawkins about Dawkins’ new book, “Outgrowing God: A Beginner’s Guide.” It’s a follow-up book to Dawkins’ bestselling “The God Delusion,” although this one is aimed at younger readers. The Rogan/Dawkins interview went immediately viral, drawing over a million views within 48 hours.
Outgrowing Atheism (Part 2 of 2) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cml9Frl8_DE
- In today's episode of “The Word on Fire Show,” we discuss the second half of Joe Rogan’s interview with atheist Richard Dawkins about Dawkins’ new book, “Outgrowing God: A Beginner’s Guide.”
What Unbelievers Asked on Reddit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeuuxsCodXA
- Bishop Barron visited Reddit for another #AMA (ask me anything): https://wordonfire.org/reddit. Over 15,000 comments poured in from young skeptics around the world, making it the third most-commented on #AMA of the year, and the ninth most popular in Reddit history. Today, Bishop Barron reflects on the experience and four main patterns of questions he noticed.
Bishop Barron Against the YouTube Heresies - https://youtu.be/qj0V7JhMJ3w
Explaining Thomas Aquinas Proofs of the Existence of God – The Matt Fradd Show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvqriM4gU7U
5 Proofs for the Existence of God by St. Thomas Aquinas
- The Argument from Motion: Our senses can perceive motion by seeing that things act on one another. Whatever moves is moved by something else. Consequently, there must be a First Mover that creates this chain reaction of motions. This is God. God sets all things in motion and gives them their potential.
- The Argument from Efficient Cause: Because nothing can cause itself, everything must have a cause or something that creates an effect on another thing. Without a first cause, there would be no others. Therefore, the First Cause is God.
- The Argument from Necessary Being: Because objects in the world come into existence and pass out of it, it is possible for those objects to exist or not exist at any particular time. However, nothing can come from nothing. This means something must exist at all times. This is God.
- The Argument from Gradation: There are different degrees of goodness in different things. Following the “Great Chain of Being,” which states there is a gradual increase in complexity, created objects move from unformed inorganic matter to biologically complex organisms. Therefore, there must be a being of the highest form of good. This perfect being is God.
- The Argument from Design: All things have an order or arrangement that leads them to a particular goal. Because the order of the universe cannot be the result of chance, design and purpose must be at work. This implies divine intelligence on the part of the designer. This is God.
Dr. Greg & Lisa Popcak
More2Life – October 23, 2019: Losing My Religion - https://avemariaradio.net/audio-archive/more2life-october-23-2019/
- Description: What challenges do you face in living your faith, holding on to your faith, or passing your faith on to your kids?
Dr. Edward Sri
Dr. Edward Sri - A Catholic Moral Worldview - 2016 Defending the Faith - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-RxwzcOmfY
Trent Horn: Why Are You An Atheist – Catholic Answers Live - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA9UztOKwvo
Formed.org (Free for St. Jane Parishioner) – has great videos (Symbolon, From Nothing to Cosmos: God and Science, Why God Still Matters, and much more) and audio talks about the existence of God. Here is the link about how to sign up for Formed - https://www.stjanesofeastonpa.com/catholic-media/formed-faith-formation-media/
Catholics Come Home
Catholics Come Home website - https://www.catholicscomehome.org/ - Catholics Come Home, creates effective and compassionate media messages in order to inspire, educate and evangelize Catholics and others, and invite them to live a deeper faith in Jesus.
St. Jane Parish is a family rooted in our faith in Jesus Christ and our devotion to his Church. We strive always to be a welcoming community, with our doors open to all who seek the Lord.
Address: 4049 Hartley Avenue
Easton, PA 18045
6:30 a.m., 8:15 a.m. (Mon-Fri)
Sunday Vigil: 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., Noon
Holy Day: Consult Bulletin
Wednesday: 8:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 3:45 - 4:45 p.m., or by appointment