Here are some online family resources for this Sunday's September 13th Mass readings:
September 13th Readings - Click Here
Kids Bulletin - September 13th
Catholic Kids Media has videos on the upcoming Mass readings and other Catholic videos [24th Sunday of Ordinary Time]:
September Craft Ideas from Catholic Icing.com - https://www.catholicicing.com/september-saint-feast-days-to-celebrate-with-kids/
Praying for you and your family.
I wanted to share an email from Mrs. Okula, the Principal of St. Jane School:
The tragic deaths of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd, and subsequent events that have unfolded in recent weeks have deeply affected our nation and no doubt have touched the hearts of our school/parish community. I personally have been at a loss - I am saddened by the disregard for human life, have been confused on how to best engage in conversations about racism, and as I often do, have turned to prayer for guidance.
I agree completely with the principal.
As a parent of four children, our conversations at home have been both difficult and grace-filled talking about these topics.
Please know that my family is praying for your family, peace from God, and the end to racism of any kind.
Here are some online resources that maybe helpful:
Bishop Alfred Schlert Homily – June 7th:
Bishop Alfred Schlert Homily - ‘There are No Valid Reasons for Racism, which is evil. None.’
Ascension Presents Podcasts:
Healing the Racial Divide – Ask Fr. Josh Johnson Podcast
An Invitation to Pray: Rosary for Racial Repentance (with Tara Winder) – Ask Fr. Josh Johnson Podcast
Reconciling the Body of Christ (with Fr. Josh Johnson) – Fr. Mike Schmitz
Racism, Riots, & a Catholic Response – Counsel of Trent
Talking to your kids about Racism, Riots, and Real Reparation – Messy Family Podcast
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from June 21st - Downside Up - Hurry Up & Wait
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from June 14th - Downside Up - Day Before Tomorrow
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from June 7th - Downside Up - Winning Last Place
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event on May 31st at 5:00 p.m. - Lonely Together
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from May 17th: Featuring Joel Stepanek – God in the Mirror
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from May 10th: Featuring Joel Stepanek – God in the Uprising
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from May 3rd: Featuring Ennie Hickman – God in the Pain
Global Life Event from April 26th: Featuring Mari Pablo - You Won't Find Jesus Here
Global Life Event from April 19th: Featuring Mark Hart
Global Life Event from April 9th: Featuring Fr. Mike Schmitz
Global Life Event from April 5th: Featuring Jackie & Bobby Angel
Global Life Event from March 29th: Featuring Emily Wilson
Week 8: Jesus' Power Lives in Us
Week 7: Jesus’ Power Brings Hope
Week 6: Jesus' Power Helps Us When We're Lonely
Week 5: Jesus' Power Takes Action
Week 4: Jesus’ Power Means We Don’t Have to Fear Death
Week 3: Jesus’ Power is Unexpected
Week 2 - Jesus' Power Calms Our Worries
Week 1 - Jesus' Power Calms Our Fears
Ways to Strengthen Catholic Families Handouts:
Growing a Family Culture by the Messy Family Project
Holy Friendship in a Hypersexualized World – Bill Donaghy – June 2nd, 2020 - https://tobinstitute.org/holy-friendship-in-a-hypersexualized-world/
Thank God for the blessing of technology. However, be careful how much time is spent on devices for your family. Here is a great website with a lot of ideas for activities & games for children other than electronics: https://www.screenfreeparenting.com/screen-free-activities/
You are a Parent Forever In the Line of Malchizedek–The Common Priesthood in the Liturgy of Domestic Church Life – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 27, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/you-are-a-parent-forever-in-the-line-of-malchizedek-the-common-priesthood-in-the-liturgy-of-domestic-church-life/
Kids Aren’t Projects: The Myth of Parenting “Techniques” (And What To Do Instead) – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 26, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/kids-arent-projects-the-myth-of-parenting-techniques-and-what-to-do-instead/
“Imperfect People Need Not Apply” Does the Domestic Church Discriminate? – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 21, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/imperfect-people-need-not-apply-does-the-domestic-church-discriminate/
“The Parish Exists To Support the Family Not The Other Way Around.” Popcak Interview with The Angelus on Domestic Church Life – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 20, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/the-parish-exists-to-support-the-family-not-the-other-way-around-popcak-interview-with-the-angelus-on-domestic-church-life/
“It’s Just Easier to Do It Myself” (And Other Lies Satan is Using to Undermine Your Domestic Church) – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 13, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/its-just-easier-to-do-it-myself-and-other-lies-satan-is-using-to-undermine-your-domestic-church/
“I’m Just Not Affectionate” A Wound God Wants To Heal – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 7, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/im-just-not-affectionate-a-wound-god-wants-to-heal/
Catholic Teacher Offers Homeschooling Tips for Parents - May 5, 2020 - https://media.ascensionpress.com/2020/05/05/catholic-teacher-offers-homeschooling-tips-for-parents/
How to Pray the Rosary Everything You Need to Know – by Jeannette Williams – May 4, 2020 – https://media.ascensionpress.com/2020/05/04/how-to-pray-the-rosary-everything-you-need-to-know/
Your Family: On a Mission From God – by Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 30, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/your-family-on-a-mission-from-god/
The Point of Family Prayer Is “Love” Not “Getting it Right” – By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 30, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/the-point-of-family-prayer-is-love-not-getting-it-right/
Serving the Spirit of Others: Spiritual Works of Mercy – by Allison DeBoer - https://media.ascensionpress.com/2020/04/29/serving-the-spirit-of-others-spiritual-works-of-mercy/
Discipleship Discipline: A Saintly Approach to Parenting – By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 28, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/discipleship-discipline-a-saintly-approach-to-parenting/
Hey Parents. Tired of “Losing It?” Here’s What To Do Instead.- By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 24, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/hey-parents-tired-of-losing-it-heres-what-to-do-instead/
“Watching Mass” With Your Family. Futile or Fulfilling? What Makes the Difference. - By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 23, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/watching-mass-with-your-family-futile-or-fulfilling-what-makes-the-difference/
A Tribute to Our Furry Quarantine Companions by Allison DeBoer – From Ascension Press – April 16, 2020 - https://media.ascensionpress.com/2020/04/16/a-tribute-to-our-furry-quarantine-companions/
Stuck at Home? Your Family Can Still Be a Blessing To Others – By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 22, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/stuck-at-home-your-family-can-still-be-a-blessing-to-others/
Gentle Discipline: The Power of Catching Them Being Good – By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 17, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/gentle-discipline-catch-them-being-good/
Nailed It! Do I Have to Be “Crafty” to be a Catholic Parent? - By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/nailed-it-do-i-have-to-be-crafty-to-be-a-catholic-parent/
Parents, Is Sheltering In Place Burning You Out? There Might Be a Simple Solution - By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/parents-is-sheltering-in-place-burning-you-out-there-might-be-a-simple-solution/
How are You Coping With Corona Take Our Quiz by Dr. Gregory Popcak
Finding Spiritual Consolation in Times of Pandemic - by Dr. Gregory Popcak
Quarentine Blues: How Can Your Family Cope While You’re All Cooped Up - by Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak
The Church At Home: Celebrating the Liturgy of Domestic Church Life - by Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak
Understanding the Liturgy of the Domestic Church - Dr. Gregory Popcak
Seven Ways to Manage 'COVID Stress Syndrome' - Dr. Gregory Popcak
Talking to Children About COVID-19
The coronavirus has been upsetting to everyone. Our usual coping mechanisms of coming together in times of stress are now being discouraged and we are forced to keep our distance from each other. For families caring for a child, youth or young adult, not seeing friends and worry about the possibility of getting sick may heighten anxiety. The following resources are to help families support their children in through this difficult time:
- Resources from Common Sense Media: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/resources-for-families-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic
- Supporting Kids During the COVID-19 Crisis: Tips for nurturing and protecting children at home https://childmind.org/article/supporting-kids-during-the-covid-19-crisis
- How to Avoid Passing Anxiety on to Your Kids https://childmind.org/article/how-to-avoid-passing-anxiety-on-to-your-kids/
- Video Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus https://www.facebook.com/HumanityCrew/videos/201670141106110/
Articles by Jim Gontis:
(Director of Religious Education for Harrisburg Diocese)
12 Promises of the Sacred Heart
Parent-Booklet-on-Divine Mercy and Rosary
Prayer - the Fuel for Our Spiritual Engines
The Importance of Parents Bringing Their Children to Holy Mass
More 2 Life is a radio program that brings the Theology of the Body teachings of John Paul II into the practical, everyday experience of life. Dr. Greg and Lisa will help you solve your problems with relevant, relatable and achievable tools and solutions straight from the genius of the Theology of the Body.
More 2 Life Podcast
- More2Life - 3/28/23 - Seeing Red March 28, 2023Is anger getting the best of you? Tired of dealing with the angry people in your life? We’ll help you find peaceful solutions. Dr. Greg and Lisa will help you solve your problems with relevant, relatable and achievable tools and solutions straight from the genius of the Theology of the Body. It is the life […]Greg & Lisa Popcak - Hosts
- More2Life - 3/27/23 - Marriage Madness March 27, 2023Are marital struggles driving you mad? Let us help you overcome the obstacles you face in building a more peaceful, joy-filled, and loving relationship! Dr. Greg and Lisa will help you solve your problems with relevant, relatable and achievable tools and solutions straight from the genius of the Theology of the Body. It is the […]Greg & Lisa Popcak - Hosts
- More2Life - 3/24/23 - Excuse Me? March 24, 2023Are you tired of people making excuses for their bad behavior and disrespectful attitudes? We’ll help you find solutions. Dr. Greg and Lisa will help you solve your problems with relevant, relatable and achievable tools and solutions straight from the genius of the Theology of the Body. It is the life you were meant to […]Greg & Lisa Popcak - Hosts
- More2Life - 3/23/23 - A More Faithful Family March 23, 2023We’ll help you overcome the obstacles to celebrating your faith at home! Dr. Greg and Lisa will help you solve your problems with relevant, relatable and achievable tools and solutions straight from the genius of the Theology of the Body. It is the life you were meant to live! To make a telecounseling appoint with […]Greg & Lisa Popcak - Hosts
Parenting is not a clean-cut, simple process for those who like to follow the rules. Family life is messy and unpredictable, but it is the greatest adventure you will ever have. We are Mike and Alicia Hernon, parents of 10 children ranging from 6 to 23 and we would like to invite you into some of the conversations we have had with each other about marriage, parenting, and Catholic family life.
Messy Family Podcast
- Ideas for Holy Week & Easter with Messy Family Project March 15, 2023Easter is approaching fast and if you’re like us, it tends to sneak up on us a little bit. So we asked our staff what they’re planning for their Holy Week and Easter celebrations and gifts. And wow! Did they give us some great ideas! Keep reading to see their top picks, perspective on Easter gift […]
- How To Choose The Perfect School For Your Child March 11, 2023Imagine that your oldest child is about to start preschool or kindergarten. You have a few options and feel overwhelmed by them because they all look wonderful. You and your spouse visit each school and then sit down to choose, agonizing over the options in front of you. You see the years of education laid […]
- Parenting an Artistic Child with Virtue in Mind February 28, 2023Artistic children are such a delight, aren’t they? Their wonderful combination of ideas, unique quirks and abilities can really be an inspiration to those around them. Our artistic children are truly one of a kind. God created each of us that way! But there is something unique and special about children who are artistically gifted. […]
- Encouraging Femininity February 14, 2023Having young girls in your house might mean lots of dress up, tea parties and dolls. But it can also mean mud, sports practices and messy bedrooms.Our culture desperately wants you to believe that boys and girls are a blank slate, that they are neither boy nor girl at birth and that they can choose […]
The Catholic Sprouts Podcast is a daily podcast for Catholic kids. The short episodes are designed to plant one seed of faith each day. Topics covered include Catholic Feast Days, Morality, Catholic Theology, the saints and the sacraments.
Catholic Sprouts Podcast
- CS 1216: The Mass: The Eucharistic Prayer: Wednesday March 29, 2023Let's slow things down and look closely at each part of the Eucharistic Prayer, from the Holy Holy Holy, to the Words of Institution to the Great Doxology. Together we will discover the beautiful and rich details that allow us to better understand and more fully participate in this Mystery of our Faith. On sale […]Nancy Bandzuch
- CS 1215: The Mass: The Eucharistic Prayer: Tuesday March 28, 2023Let's slow things down and look closely at each part of the Eucharistic Prayer, from the Holy Holy Holy, to the Words of Institution to the Great Doxology. Together we will discover the beautiful and rich details that allow us to better understand and more fully participate in this Mystery of our Faith. On sale […]Nancy Bandzuch
- CS 1214: The Mass: The Eucharistic Prayer: Monday March 27, 2023Let's slow things down and look closely at each part of the Eucharistic Prayer, from the Holy Holy Holy, to the Words of Institution to the Great Doxology. Together we will discover the beautiful and rich details that allow us to better understand and more fully participate in this Mystery of our Faith. On sale […]Nancy Bandzuch
- CS 1213: Saturdays with Sir Roland March 25, 2023Training Guild link: https://www.extraordinarymission.com/dragonslayers contact email: firstname.lastname@example.orgNancy Bandzuch
- CS 1212: The Mass: Procession of Faith, Petitions and Presentation of the Gifts: Friday March 24, 2023Let's continue our journey through the Mass! This week we will be taking a close look at the Procession of Faith, where we stand to proclaim our relationship with God and His Church. We will also examine the Prayers of the Faithful, where we confidently take our needs to God. Finally, we will explore the […]Nancy Bandzuch
Faith, pop culture, and headline reflections from Fr. Mike Schmitz.
CLICK HERE to view the Fr. Mike Schmitz podcast episodes on the Ascension Presents website.
Ask Fr. Josh is the podcast where I hear you out and do my best to help you navigate the tricky times in life when our Catholic Faith doesn’t give you an easy “fill-in-the blank” answer. On this show, we’ll listen to one another, problem solve together, and ultimately entrust everything to our Lord.
CLICK HERE to view the Ask Fr. Josh podcast episodes on the Ascension Presents website.
Catholic Answers Life podcast is a radio show where people call in with questions about Catholicism and morality. The radio show hosts answer those questions.
Catholic Answers Live
- #11084 What is the Relationship Between Salvation and Good Works? - Tim Staples March 29, 2023Open Forum – Questions Covered: 02:29 – Regarding two people who have divorced and remarried and now live as brother and sister. What is the Church’s position on receiving communion? Is this a temporary arrangement that needs to be resolved by separation. What does scandal mean in this situation? 12:14 – Do you think it’s […]Catholic Answers
- #11083 Does God Us Live in Peace Or Do All Roads Lead to the Cross? - Joe Heschmeyer March 28, 2023Open Forum – Questions Covered: 03:20 – Has any council tried to preemptively stop heresy? 07:43 – What would be the absolute minimum a person would need to do to be considered a practicing Catholic? 16:58 – Do you have any primary resource for confession in the early Church? 21:00 – God gave Mary the […]Catholic Answers
- #11082 Stations of the Cross - Edward Sri March 28, 2023Questions Covered: 19:55 – What are the stations after the resurrection? What are your thoughts on them? 23:36 – What are the origins of the stations of the cross? 32:25 – The stations helped me when my husband was diagnosed with cancer and passed away. 37:02 – Was the scourging at the pillar common for […]Catholic Answers
- #11081 The Bible and Evolution - Matthew Ramage March 27, 2023Questions Covered: 19:47 – Does the Catholic Church teach that Noah’s ark really happened and are we all descendants from those 6 humans? 29:47 – Are we all descendants from a common ancestor? 44:04 – I want to make a distinction between evolution and natural selection? …Catholic Answers
- #11080 Would the Passion Have Happened Without Judas? - Jimmy Akin March 25, 2023Open Forum – Questions Covered: 07:07 – Why did Jesus pick John and James to witness the Transfiguration? 12:47 – Jesus made a strong statement towards Judas “better not to have been born.” What is your interpretation of that verse? 19:57 – We hear that all the angels and saints are always present at Mass. […]Catholic Answers
Join Bishop Robert Barron for a podcast on faith and culture.
Find more podcast episodes at https://www.wordonfireshow.com/
Word on Fire Podcast with Bishop Barron
- WOF 379: Pope Francis and the Dangers of Technocracy March 27, 2023Friends, one major theme appearing throughout the teachings of Pope Francis is the danger of technocracy. In his 2015 encyclical, Laudato si’, he coined the term “technocratic paradigm,” using the term five times in the encyclical. Should we be concerned about our technocratic society, one dominated by tech and science and which, in turn, aims to […]Bishop Robert Barron
- WOF 378: Bishop Barron, Fr. Mike Schmitz, and the Priesthood March 20, 2023Friends, in this conversation at the 2021 Good News Conference, Bishop Robert Barron and Fr. Mike Schmitz share about their vocation stories. This is part of a much longer conversation the two shared. You can hear the full discussion in episode 331 of the “Word on Fire Show,” during which they discuss how they began their ministry […]Bishop Robert Barron
- WOF 377: How to Live with Joy w/ Chris Stefanick March 13, 2023Friends, today we share with you Chris Stefanick’s talk from the 2021 Good News Conference. In a world fraught with fear, anxiety, and denial, Chris explores the fundamental rules for living joyfully. Links Good News Conference Word on Fire Liturgy of the HoursBishop Robert Barron
- WOF 376: Peter Kreeft on Socrates vs. the Sophists March 6, 2023Friends, in today’s episode of “The Word on Fire Show,” we share Lecture 1 from Peter Kreeft’s new 12-part video series on “Socrates’ Children: The Great Debates of Philosophy.” In this lecture series, Dr. Peter Kreeft examines key ideas in philosophy by comparing and contrasting two representative philosophers in each lecture. The first lecture compares the father […]Bishop Robert Barron
- WOF 375: The Liturgy and Social Justice February 27, 2023Friends, we often find two groups in the Church in tension with each other: those concerned with the liturgy and those concerned with social justice. On today’s episode of “The Word on Fire Show,” Brandon Vogt and I discuss how to bridge this great divide, and why we should have enthusiasm for both the liturgy […]Bishop Robert Barron
More Catholic Resources
St. Jane Parish is a family rooted in our faith in Jesus Christ and our devotion to his Church. We strive always to be a welcoming community, with our doors open to all who seek the Lord.
Address: 4049 Hartley Avenue
Easton, PA 18045
6:30 a.m., 8:15 a.m. (Mon-Fri)
Sunday Vigil: 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., Noon
Holy Day: Consult Bulletin
Wednesday: 8:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 3:45 - 4:45 p.m., or by appointment
Thanks for your message! We’ll be in touch soon.