Here are some online family resources for this Sunday's September 13th Mass readings:
Catholic Kids Media has videos on the upcoming Mass readings and other Catholic videos [24th Sunday of Ordinary Time]:
September Craft Ideas from Catholic Icing.com - https://www.catholicicing.com/september-saint-feast-days-to-celebrate-with-kids/
Praying for you and your family.
I wanted to share an email from Mrs. Okula, the Principal of St. Jane School:
The tragic deaths of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd, and subsequent events that have unfolded in recent weeks have deeply affected our nation and no doubt have touched the hearts of our school/parish community. I personally have been at a loss - I am saddened by the disregard for human life, have been confused on how to best engage in conversations about racism, and as I often do, have turned to prayer for guidance.
I agree completely with the principal.
As a parent of four children, our conversations at home have been both difficult and grace-filled talking about these topics.
Please know that my family is praying for your family, peace from God, and the end to racism of any kind.
Here are some online resources that maybe helpful:
Bishop Alfred Schlert Homily – June 7th:
Ascension Presents Podcasts:
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from June 21st - Downside Up - Hurry Up & Wait
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from June 14th - Downside Up - Day Before Tomorrow
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from June 7th - Downside Up - Winning Last Place
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event on May 31st at 5:00 p.m. - Lonely Together
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from May 17th: Featuring Joel Stepanek – God in the Mirror
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from May 10th: Featuring Joel Stepanek – God in the Uprising
Global Teen/Young Adult Life Event from May 3rd: Featuring Ennie Hickman – God in the Pain
Global Life Event from April 26th: Featuring Mari Pablo - You Won't Find Jesus Here
Global Life Event from April 19th: Featuring Mark Hart
Global Life Event from April 9th: Featuring Fr. Mike Schmitz
Global Life Event from April 5th: Featuring Jackie & Bobby Angel
Global Life Event from March 29th: Featuring Emily Wilson
Week 8: Jesus' Power Lives in Us
Week 7: Jesus’ Power Brings Hope
Week 6: Jesus' Power Helps Us When We're Lonely
Week 5: Jesus' Power Takes Action
Week 4: Jesus’ Power Means We Don’t Have to Fear Death
Week 3: Jesus’ Power is Unexpected
Week 2 - Jesus' Power Calms Our Worries
Week 1 - Jesus' Power Calms Our Fears
Ways to Strengthen Catholic Families Handouts:
Holy Friendship in a Hypersexualized World – Bill Donaghy – June 2nd, 2020 - https://tobinstitute.org/holy-friendship-in-a-hypersexualized-world/
Thank God for the blessing of technology. However, be careful how much time is spent on devices for your family. Here is a great website with a lot of ideas for activities & games for children other than electronics: https://www.screenfreeparenting.com/screen-free-activities/
You are a Parent Forever In the Line of Malchizedek–The Common Priesthood in the Liturgy of Domestic Church Life – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 27, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/you-are-a-parent-forever-in-the-line-of-malchizedek-the-common-priesthood-in-the-liturgy-of-domestic-church-life/
Kids Aren’t Projects: The Myth of Parenting “Techniques” (And What To Do Instead) – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 26, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/kids-arent-projects-the-myth-of-parenting-techniques-and-what-to-do-instead/
“Imperfect People Need Not Apply” Does the Domestic Church Discriminate? – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 21, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/imperfect-people-need-not-apply-does-the-domestic-church-discriminate/
“The Parish Exists To Support the Family Not The Other Way Around.” Popcak Interview with The Angelus on Domestic Church Life – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 20, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/the-parish-exists-to-support-the-family-not-the-other-way-around-popcak-interview-with-the-angelus-on-domestic-church-life/
“It’s Just Easier to Do It Myself” (And Other Lies Satan is Using to Undermine Your Domestic Church) – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 13, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/its-just-easier-to-do-it-myself-and-other-lies-satan-is-using-to-undermine-your-domestic-church/
“I’m Just Not Affectionate” A Wound God Wants To Heal – By Rachael Popcak and Dr. Gregory Popcak – May 7, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/05/im-just-not-affectionate-a-wound-god-wants-to-heal/
Catholic Teacher Offers Homeschooling Tips for Parents - May 5, 2020 - https://media.ascensionpress.com/2020/05/05/catholic-teacher-offers-homeschooling-tips-for-parents/
How to Pray the Rosary Everything You Need to Know – by Jeannette Williams – May 4, 2020 – https://media.ascensionpress.com/2020/05/04/how-to-pray-the-rosary-everything-you-need-to-know/
Your Family: On a Mission From God – by Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 30, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/your-family-on-a-mission-from-god/
The Point of Family Prayer Is “Love” Not “Getting it Right” – By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 30, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/the-point-of-family-prayer-is-love-not-getting-it-right/
Serving the Spirit of Others: Spiritual Works of Mercy – by Allison DeBoer - https://media.ascensionpress.com/2020/04/29/serving-the-spirit-of-others-spiritual-works-of-mercy/
Discipleship Discipline: A Saintly Approach to Parenting – By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 28, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/discipleship-discipline-a-saintly-approach-to-parenting/
Hey Parents. Tired of “Losing It?” Here’s What To Do Instead.- By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 24, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/hey-parents-tired-of-losing-it-heres-what-to-do-instead/
“Watching Mass” With Your Family. Futile or Fulfilling? What Makes the Difference. - By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 23, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/watching-mass-with-your-family-futile-or-fulfilling-what-makes-the-difference/
A Tribute to Our Furry Quarantine Companions by Allison DeBoer – From Ascension Press – April 16, 2020 - https://media.ascensionpress.com/2020/04/16/a-tribute-to-our-furry-quarantine-companions/
Stuck at Home? Your Family Can Still Be a Blessing To Others – By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 22, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/stuck-at-home-your-family-can-still-be-a-blessing-to-others/
Gentle Discipline: The Power of Catching Them Being Good – By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak – April 17, 2020 - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/gentle-discipline-catch-them-being-good/
Nailed It! Do I Have to Be “Crafty” to be a Catholic Parent? - By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/nailed-it-do-i-have-to-be-crafty-to-be-a-catholic-parent/
Parents, Is Sheltering In Place Burning You Out? There Might Be a Simple Solution - By Rachael Popcak & Dr. Gregory Popcak - https://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithonthecouch/2020/04/parents-is-sheltering-in-place-burning-you-out-there-might-be-a-simple-solution/
Talking to Children About COVID-19
The coronavirus has been upsetting to everyone. Our usual coping mechanisms of coming together in times of stress are now being discouraged and we are forced to keep our distance from each other. For families caring for a child, youth or young adult, not seeing friends and worry about the possibility of getting sick may heighten anxiety. The following resources are to help families support their children in through this difficult time:
- Resources from Common Sense Media: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/resources-for-families-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic
- Supporting Kids During the COVID-19 Crisis: Tips for nurturing and protecting children at home https://childmind.org/article/supporting-kids-during-the-covid-19-crisis
- How to Avoid Passing Anxiety on to Your Kids https://childmind.org/article/how-to-avoid-passing-anxiety-on-to-your-kids/
- Video Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus https://www.facebook.com/HumanityCrew/videos/201670141106110/
Articles by Jim Gontis:
(Director of Religious Education for Harrisburg Diocese)
More 2 Life is a radio program that brings the Theology of the Body teachings of John Paul II into the practical, everyday experience of life. Dr. Greg and Lisa will help you solve your problems with relevant, relatable and achievable tools and solutions straight from the genius of the Theology of the Body.
- More2Life - 10/15/21 - Big Bad Wolf October 15, 2021Struggling with unhelpful self-talk? We’ll help you develop a healthier mindset! Dr. Greg and Lisa will help you solve your problems with relevant, relatable and achievable tools and solutions straight from the genius of the Theology of the Body. It is the life you were meant to live! To make a telecounseling appoint with Dr. Greg […]Greg & Lisa Popcak - Hosts
- More2Life - 10/14/21 - The Comparison Game! October 14, 2021Are you struggling with envy? Let us help you celebrate the life God has given you. Dr. Greg and Lisa will help you solve your problems with relevant, relatable and achievable tools and solutions straight from the genius of the Theology of the Body. It is the life you were meant to live! To make a […]Greg & Lisa Popcak - Hosts
- More2Life - 10/13/21 - Finding the Light October 13, 2021Struggling to find joy? We’ll help you cultivate a happier, healthier, holier life. Dr. Greg and Lisa will help you solve your problems with relevant, relatable and achievable tools and solutions straight from the genius of the Theology of the Body. It is the life you were meant to live! To make a telecounseling appoint with […]Greg & Lisa Popcak - Hosts
- More2Life - 10/12/21 - Resentment! October 12, 2021Is resentment poisoning your relationships? We’ll help you find healing. Dr. Greg and Lisa will help you solve your problems with relevant, relatable and achievable tools and solutions straight from the genius of the Theology of the Body. It is the life you were meant to live! To make a telecounseling appoint with Dr. Greg […]Greg & Lisa Popcak - Hosts
Parenting is not a clean-cut, simple process for those who like to follow the rules. Family life is messy and unpredictable, but it is the greatest adventure you will ever have. We are Mike and Alicia Hernon, parents of 10 children ranging from 6 to 23 and we would like to invite you into some of the conversations we have had with each other about marriage, parenting, and Catholic family life.
- MFP 167 : The Irreplaceable Family October 14, 2021“If we want to do the most good for the most people we will work to strengthen, protect, repair, defend, and empower the family as the fundamental unit of society.” ~Kimberly Ells in The Invincible Family When families act … Continue reading The post MFP 167 : The Irreplaceable Family appeared first on Messy […]Mike and Alicia Hernon : Catholic Marriage Parent and Family
- MFP 166 : Join the Rebellion! Be a Parent! September 27, 2021“If the day comes when mothers and fathers are no longer willing or able to effectively raise and teach and love their own children, that is the day the world is in danger of imminent and catastrophic collapse.” ~Kimberly … Continue reading The post MFP 166 : Join the Rebellion! Be a Parent! appeared […]Mike and Alicia Hernon : Catholic Marriage Parent and Family
- MFP 165: Forgiveness Brings Freedom and Transformation September 9, 2021Forgiveness is not primarily a feeling, instead, it is a choice – a choice to extend god’s merciful love to someone who has hurt you, in obedience to Jesus – Bishop Thomas Olmsted Forgiveness is becoming a lost practice … Continue reading The post MFP 165: Forgiveness Brings Freedom and Transformation appeared first on […]Mike and Alicia Hernon : Catholic Marriage Parent and Family
- MFP 164 : Embracing the Messiness of Family Life August 26, 2021God doesn’t love us in spite of our mess, he loves us because of it. We talk a lot on our program about the “messy-ness” of life, but we thought it would be good to take some time to unpack … Continue reading The post MFP 164 : Embracing the Messiness of Family Life appeared […]Mike and Alicia Hernon : Catholic Marriage Parent and Family
The Catholic Sprouts Podcast is a daily podcast for Catholic kids. The short episodes are designed to plant one seed of faith each day. Topics covered include Catholic Feast Days, Morality, Catholic Theology, the saints and the sacraments.
- CS 827: 10-15-21: The Goodness of Catholicism Week 1: Friday October 15, 2021Thanks for listening to Catholic Sprouts! Please consider sharing this with another Catholic Parent, or Catholic Teacher so that we can all work together to plant seeds of Faith! OSV Magazine: http://osvkids.com/sprouts Let us help you build your Domestic Church! Join us inside our NEW APP for the Domestic Church Project Bootcamp: a six […]Nancy Bandzuch
- CS 826: 10-14-21: The Goodness of Catholicism Week 1: Thursday October 14, 2021Thanks for listening to Catholic Sprouts! Please consider sharing this with another Catholic Parent, or Catholic Teacher so that we can all work together to plant seeds of Faith! OSV Magazine: http://osvkids.com/sprouts Let us help you build your Domestic Church! Join us inside our NEW APP for the Domestic Church Project Bootcamp: a six […]Nancy Bandzuch
- CS 825: 10-13-21: The Goodness of Catholicism Week 1: Wednesday October 13, 2021Thanks for listening to Catholic Sprouts! Please consider sharing this with another Catholic Parent, or Catholic Teacher so that we can all work together to plant seeds of Faith! OSV Magazine: http://osvkids.com/sprouts Let us help you build your Domestic Church! Join us inside our NEW APP for the Domestic Church Project Bootcamp: a six […]Nancy Bandzuch
- CS 824: 10-12-21: The Goodness of Catholicism Week 1: Tuesday October 12, 2021
- CS 823: 10-11-21: The Goodness of Catholicism Week 1: Monday October 11, 2021
Ask Fr. Josh is the podcast where I hear you out and do my best to help you navigate the tricky times in life when our Catholic Faith doesn’t give you an easy “fill-in-the blank” answer. On this show, we’ll listen to one another, problem solve together, and ultimately entrust everything to our Lord.
Catholic Answers Life podcast is a radio show where people call in with questions about Catholicism and morality. The radio show hosts answer those questions.
- #10325 Panel Show - Christopher Check October 16, 2021Questions Covered: 45:15 – I’m in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. The idea of Beacons of Light is to consolidate into families of parishes to better allocate priests and resources to serve the needs of the people. …Catholic Answers
- #10324 Panel Show - Joe Heschmeyer October 15, 2021 Catholic Answers
- #10323 Open Forum - Jimmy Akin October 15, 2021Questions Covered: 00:57 – If Calvin and Luther believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary, why, when, and who put a stop to this belief? Why was the doctrine of the Assumption defined? 04:28 – What is the Catholic justification for adding in the Filioque? 07:20 – Can you explain how Catholics should balance the […]Catholic Answers
- #10322 Open Forum - Jimmy Akin October 14, 2021Questions Covered: 04:23 – I have a theory that when Christ said he emptied himself, he removed all his ability to stop what was going to happen to him because that was the only way for him to truly put himself. Could Jimmy give his opinion on this? 15:49 – I’ve heard that approximately ⅔ of Catholics […]Catholic Answers
- #10321 Your Bible Questions - Jimmy Akin October 14, 2021Questions Covered: 01:18 – When Jesus tells the 12 apostles to receive the holy spirit, could you tell me how that plays out to the rest of the generations of the world? And how can we actually discern the Spirit? 12:32 – Did the apostle John write the Gospel of John or was it someone […]Catholic Answers
Join Bishop Robert Barron for a podcast on faith and culture.
Find more podcast episodes at https://www.wordonfireshow.com/
- WOF 305: For Teachers, Evangelizing is Priority One October 11, 2021In today's episode, we share a talk Bishop Barron offered earlier this year to the Catholic educators of the Archdiocese of Vancouver. He exhorted teachers to boldly proclaim the resurrection and lordship of Jesus, affirming that all Catholic teachers are, fundamentally, evangelizers. NOTE: Do you like this podcast? Become a patron and get some great […]Bishop Robert Barron
- WOF 304: Understanding Genesis: Creation October 4, 2021Today we begin a five-part series of discussions on the book of Genesis. In this first episode, we focus on the Creation story. Genesis is of course the first book in the Bible and perhaps the most foundational, but it’s also the source of so much confusion. Bishop Barron clarifies what the author is intending […]Bishop Robert Barron
- WOF 303: Which of C.S. Lewis's Books Was His Favorite? September 27, 2021C.S. Lewis wrote more than 30 books which have collectively sold over 100 million copies, including the Chronicles of Narnia series, Mere Christianity, and The Screwtape Letters. But of those thirty books, there was only one which Lewis described himself as “almost my favorite among my books,” yet he was disappointed that “in general [the […]Bishop Robert Barron
- WOF 302: How to Keep Our Kids Catholic September 20, 2021Dr. Christian Smith has written a new book titled Handing Down the Faith: How Parents Pass Their Religion on to the Next Generation. It's based on new research about how parents successfully raise children to become religiously-practicing adults. In this episode, Bishop Barron and Brandon Vogt walk through his findings and discuss what actually helps […]Bishop Robert Barron
- WOF 301: Bishop Barron's Q&A w/ Yale University Students September 13, 2021In this Q&A session with students at Yale University from February 2021, Bishop Barron answered a variety of questions from students, including: Do you think that the culture’s view of sex has kept people outside of the Church? How do we charitably share our view? What did you decide to give up for Lent? How […]Bishop Robert Barron
St. Jane Parish is a family rooted in our faith in Jesus Christ and our devotion to his Church. We strive always to be a welcoming community, with our doors open to all who seek the Lord.
Address: 4049 Hartley Avenue
Easton, PA 18045
6:30 a.m., 8:15 a.m. (Mon-Fri)
Sunday Vigil: 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., Noon
Holy Day: Consult Bulletin
Wednesday: 8:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 3:45 - 4:45 p.m., or by appointment
Thanks for your message! We’ll be in touch soon.