About St. Jane Frances de Chantal Church
Our history extends almost 90 years, first as part of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and then as part of the newly established Diocese of Allentown since 1961. The Mother Church of the Lehigh Valley, St. Bernard Parish, was established in Easton in 1820. After nearly a century, the Catholic population of our area grew tremendously and St. Bernard Parish was unable to minister to it. A small tract of land in Wilson Borough, once home to a racetrack at “Fairview Fairgrounds”, was destined to become the home of St. Jane Parish.
Founded on January 19th, 1920 by Father Michael A. Bennett, St. Jane Frances de Chantal Parish consisted of only 200 families. The new church celebrated its first Mass in Bondon Hall, a former feed store located at 15th and Washington Streets.
Later, the fledgling parish purchased a home at 19th St. and Hay Terrace to house the church rectory. A workshop at the rear of the home was converted into a small chapel by men of the parish. Holy Mass was celebrated here until 1926.
St. Jane Parish is a family rooted in our faith in Jesus Christ and our devotion to his Church. We strive always to be a welcoming community, with our doors open to all who seek the Lord.
Address: 4049 Hartley Avenue
Easton, PA 18045
6:30 a.m., 8:15 a.m. (Mon-Fri)
Sunday Vigil: 5:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., Noon
Holy Day: Consult Bulletin
Wednesday: 8:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 3:45 - 4:45 p.m., or by appointment