2nd Parent Session for Confirmation Parents
Praying for you and your children!
It is so exciting that they are preparing for Confirmation!
Due to the large number of COVID cases, the 2nd Parent Sacrament meeting for Confirmation will be online instead of in person.
Please watch these videos on the sacrament of Confirmation and submit your name before Friday, January 21st.
*One parent must watch these videos, even if you have had children receive Confirmation in the past.
I Will Follow - Video of 2 Men & How They Struggled With the Catholic Faith - God is Always Calling Us to Love and Know Him & Grow in Holiness
Sacrament of Confirmation - Sophia Sketchpad
Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit - Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge, Counsel, Fortitude, Piety, Fear of the Lord
Overview of Confirmation:
Confirmation is the sacrament in which the Holy Spirit comes to us in a special way to join us more closely to Jesus and His church and to seal and strengthen us as Christ’s witnesses.
The effects of Confirmation are:
- An increase of sanctifying grace
- The gift of a special sacramental grace
- The imprint of a lasting character on the soul
The Holy Spirit is at work in our lives through the Fruits and Gifts of the Holy Spirit:
- Fruits of the Holy Spirit: charity, generosity, joy, gentleness, peace, faithfulness, patience, modesty, kindness, self-control, goodness, chastity
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit:
- Wisdom: helps us judge what is important, meaningful, purposeful, etc.
- Understanding: to know something is different from truly understanding it. I can know a lot of facts about someone, but that is different from truly understanding that person.
- Knowledge: helps us to know God.
- Counsel: helps us differentiate between right and wrong.
- Fortitude: courage and endurance.
- Piety: proper reverence for God, helps us obey God out of love.
- Fear of the Lord: proper disdain for sin and awe of God’s goodness and love.