My Dear Parishioners,
Holy Week and Easter are the most solemn time in the Christian calendar. At this time we remember all that the Lord Jesus did to save us. We commemorate his saving death and Resurrection liturgically with the solemn celebration of Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday and the Easter Vigil. On Easter we rejoice in the glory of his rising from the grave. Our participation in these events is our way of entering into the mystery of our redemption.
Once again, I encourage you to join your fellow parishioners in celebrating the liturgies of Holy Week. Come also to the Sacrament of Reconciliation to receive God’s forgiveness and to be renewed in his love. Open your hearts to his presence in the Eucharist as we remember the depth of his love for us. Below is the schedule for our liturgies of Holy Week:
SCHEDULE OF SERVICES:
CONFESSIONS: Saturday, March 24, 3:15-4:45 p.m. and after the 5 p.m. Mass from 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
PALM SUNDAY: March 25: Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion at all Masses
COMMUNAL PENANCE SERVICES: On Monday and Tuesday of Holy Week (March 26th and 27th) Our Lady of Mercy, St. Anthony’s and St. Jane’s parishes will join together for three Holy Week Communal Penance Services. All of the priests from our three parishes will hear confessions during these services:
We will follow this schedule:
- March 26 at St. Bernard Oratory, 7:00 p.m. (132 S. 5th St., Easton)
- March 27 at St. Anthony’s Church 4:00 p.m.
- March 27 at St. Jane’s Church, 7:00 p.m.
You are most welcome to attend any of these services.
MASSES AND SERVICES:
- Wednesday, March 21st —Living Stations, 4:40 p.m. in the IHM CHAPEL—OLD CHURCH
- Friday, March 23rd —Living Stations, 12:30 p.m. & 7:00 p.m. IHM CHAPEL—OLD CHURCH
- Holy Thursday: (March 29th)—NO MORNING MASSES – Mass of the Lord’s Supper, 7:30 p.m.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament closing with Night Prayer at midnight: CHAPEL—NEW CHURCH
- Good Friday: — (March 30th) 9:00 a.m. Morning Prayer (chapel)
Solemn Liturgy of the Passion and Death of the Lord, 3:00 p.m.
(NO MASSES ARE CELEBRATED TODAY)
- Holy Saturday: (March 31st)—Traditional Blessing of foods: 11:00 a.m. — CHURCH
- Easter Vigil and Mass: (March 31st), 8:00 p.m.
No Mass may be celebrated before the Easter Vigil so there will be NO 5:00 p.m. Mass today.
- Sunday: (April 1)—Masses will be at 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 12:00 Noon. There will also be an 11:00 a.m. Mass (at IHM Chapel, Old Church on Washington Boulevard in Wilson Boro.)
Please remember that our Easter collection is a most important part of our parish income in these tight economic times! I appeal once again to your goodness and generosity. Together with Father Ezaki and Father David and the entire staff here at Saint Jane’s I wish you and your families a very blessed and spiritually uplifting Holy Week and an Easter of happiness and joy!
Rev. Msgr. Stephen J. Radocha